NTSD partners with VLN
Northern Tioga School District is pleased to share that we partner with Virtual Learning Online Network to offer an online, cyber-school option. Here are a few benefits to using the Northern Tioga Academy program through Virtual Learning Network:
· Rigorous curriculum culminating in a Northern Tioga School District diploma upon graduation.
· Ongoing monitoring of student progress.
· Variety of curriculum offerings to accommodate all learners with engaging instructional resources.
· Daily, synchronous homeroom session in the virtual classroom.
· Participation in state assessments are provided in the district.
A physical classroom is set for students in the Northern Tioga Academy to access on a fulltime or as needed basis. Attendance in the classroom is completely customizable to the needs of the individual student.
Students in Northern Tioga Academy are part of the Northern Tioga School District and have the opportunity to participate in the same athletics and extracurricular activities as their peers in the traditional classroom setting. In addition, Northern Tioga Academy students have access to an on-campus drop-in center in which they can seek face-to-face guidance and/or take advantage of a quiet place to complete their online coursework.
Every Northern Tioga Academy student is provided an educational plan agreed upon between the NTSD facilitator/monitor, parent and the student. The student is expected to complete assignments, tests, journals, exams, etc. as agreed upon in the educational plan. Supports as needed are provided to ensuring students are successful. If a student is not progressing the monitor at NTSD will inform the student and parents/guardian to seek a solution. If a solution cannot be reach the student may not be able to continue the course at NTSD.
The Northern Tioga School District Code of Conduct is in force for the Northern Tioga Academy at NTSD. Inappropriate use of technology and resources will result in sanctions involving the use of the district’s technology.
KEYSTONE NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL/ADDITIONAL COURSES
Keystone National High School can be accessed at http://keystoneschoolonline.com/
Keystone National High School courses are accepted by NTSD.
COURSE WORK IS PROVIDED IN CORRESPONDENCE/ PAPER, OR ONLINE.
Tips for Success:
· Log in or review the course early and often. Become familiar with the entire course. Know where you find assignments and resources.
· Read the directions carefully, print out copies if you prefer to read a paper copy, highlight and take notes.
· Read your mail regularly for information from your teacher.
· Make a study plan and set up a comfortable and well prepared study area.
· Be aware of your peak energy periods and plan to do activities that require a high level of concentration during those times.
· Approach overwhelming responsibilities with a positive attitude and break large tasks into small achievable ones.
· Set goals and reward yourself when you’ve accomplished them.
· Keep up with your course and keep in touch with your teacher. Communicating with your teacher as soon as there is a problem is most important! You can’t afford to get behind!
· Schedule regular study periods. Study for short periods of time and do it often. Remember, you should be spending a minimum of one hour per day per course in addition to weekly scheduled office hours.
Northern Tioga Academy Contact Information:
Jared Metcalf, Teacher, 814-258-5131 ext. 3833 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Diana Lewis, 814-258-5131 ext. 3833 or email@example.com
2022-2023 VLN Essentials Course Catalog A full listing of the courses available through Virtual Learning Network. Students in both high schools may also take advantage of courses provided through Virtual Learning Network, provided the course is not already offered through our traditional programming.