Dear Parents and Guardians,
We all have become aware of the outbreak of COVID-19 Coronavirus around the world. We want you to feel assured that we are taking all measures necessary to ensure that our schools are as safe as possible for our students and community members.
In response to the increasing discussion we are closely following the guidelines from the CDC and the Department of Health. We will remain diligent in reviewing new recommendations and preparing our schools to be safe. The Northern Tioga School District takes all communicable diseases and our students’ health and safety very seriously.
The NTSD recommends the following best practices to avoid spreading sickness. Your child should stay home if they are exhibiting symptoms such as:
- Fever Free without medication for 24 hrs. (100 degrees)
- Unexplained rash
We encourage students, staff and families to practice preventative measures which include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough/sneeze with a tissue or turn into your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds frequently.
- In addition, you may also use hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol.
Thank you for helping us keep all our children and families safe.
Dr. Diana Barnes